Quality Assurance Manager
Brad’s Raw Foods is in search of an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team. This position will oversee, direct and manage the quality control function, working with R&D and cross-functional teams to ensure highly disciplined compliance with products and process quality parameters and standards.
Standardize, maintain and continuously improve quality procedures and systems from ingredient receiving through to shipping assuring that procedures are appropriately integrated to result in gold standard products. Ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and company-defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures and practices guaranteeing absolute wholesomeness of finished goods. Instrumental in the development of product and process specifications for all finished product. Conducted sensory evaluations of bench samples and work with R&D and Operations on creating compliant labels. Direct contact for all certification agencies, ensuring that raw ingredient specifications and finished products meet the agencies defined requirements for compliance. Review consumer complaints, provide direction to direct reports. Monitor and summarize consumer complaints/inquiries for trending/corrective actions, conduct facility GMP and safety audits, chair safety meeting, develop/update QA procedures. Update certifiers on any product/facility changes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in an organic food manufacturing, with a minimum of 5 years in management or senior supervisory role.
- Excellent understanding of microbiology and food science with SQF or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and deductive reasoning skills along with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Quality Assurance metrics.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are a must. Previous project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including, Windows, Excel and Word.
- Ability to interpret and implement regulatory rulings.
- Ability to effectively work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect, while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner, is required.
- Must have strong desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
Interested candidates please email cover letter along with resume to email@example.com.