Territory Sales Merchandiser (Northern California)
Department: Outside Sales
Reports To: Western Regional
General Summary of Job:
Sales and Merchandiser of all accounts assigned to, including; facilitating monthly promotions and outside sales support to Western Regional for all stores in the western region. The promotional follow through includes: presenting negotiated promotions; communicating quantities to purchasing warehouses; confirming and communicating pricing to western regional and the customer; spreadsheet formatting; assisting in delivery ETA’s; confirmation of order entry; request entry changes (add-ons, deletions); follow through on questionable items; courtesy calls; weekly interaction with MRC inside sales contact; and most importantly troubleshooting and resolving all issues around promotions for the chain.
The outside sales support includes: assisting with customer store re-sets, tagging, and display building in coordination with customer; submitting new items for review to accounts; preparing paperwork for new item authorization; acting as BRC advocate for successful business relationship; liaison between stores, distribution and BRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive Sales and Merchandising interaction in assigned accounts; including demo support, promotional opportunies and off shelf merchandising.
- In assigned accounts, plan monthly detail calendars at least 1 month in advance for tasks to complete in promotions. This includes confirming displays, pricing, delivery information, scheduling meetings to insure promotion needs have been communicated and completed successfully before advertisements break.
- Reference and document communication on all levels. Concise, proactive, professional emails, voicemails, phone-calls, and memos.
- Keep aware of BRC’s routing and operational policies, procedures, schedules, impacts, and projects.
- Work diligently to merchandise eye level and create as much space for BRC possible in each account.
- Work toward 100% brand placement in every account.
- Facilitating deal input and pricing confirmations in coordination with BRC and assigned accounts.
- Prepare and communicate all orders accurately and efficiently for order entry at applicable warehouses and DSD vendors, while carefully monitoring product issues & ship dates of deliveries.
- Communicate with BRC of any issues surrounding order fulfillment and delivery.
- Troubleshoot daily challenges for assigned accounts while exhibiting calm, professional, positive demeanor.
- Establish effective communication within each department of the BRC involved in the promotion process. Have understanding of who the contact is in each department for best execution.
- Learn to utilize information provided by your assigned accounts to increase efficiencies. Monitor sales and make recommendations to increase business.
- To successfully support the Western Regional in account growth resulting in customer satisfaction and sales growth.
- To promptly handle all customer inquiries with exceptional customer service.
- To self-initiate problem resolution and job efficiencies and organization.
- To develop opportunities within the position to expand both the customers business and the company growth.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in outside sales support functions as required.
- Demonstration of professionalism to all clients and colleagues.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- 40-60% travel requirement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Retail grocery experience, including good merchandising skills
- Sales and category management experience
- Multi or single store account management experience
- Ability to stay calm and professional with multiple priorities and interruptions while meeting deadlines.
- Computer skills in Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to hr@bradsrawfoods.