Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Executive VP Sales & Marketing
General Summary of Job:
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the growth of the Company’s business in a variety of trade channels, including but not limited to traditional supermarkets, natural retailers, drug and mass merchandisers. He/she will accomplish this by identifying opportunities and work with the Executive staff, Operations, Marketing, and Finance to develop entry, pricing and promotion scenarios that result in sustainable and profitable business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day business to ensure that individual targets are met and corporate objectives are achieved.
- Provides updates and recommends and implements corrective action as needed.
- Makes key sales calls personally and directs and utilizes broker and distribution organizations and resources to achieve greatest synergistic benefit.
- Responsible for all grocery, natural and other channel specific, as defined business opportunities in the assigned geographic base.
- Leverages customer relationships to gain entry of the Company’s products.
- Develops customer/brand strategies in conjunction with partners in each functional area.
- Manages customer relationships directly or through distributor and broker partners.
- Develops pans for broker/distributors execution, consistent with plan goals and objectives.
- Tracks all programs to ensure that they meet expectation.
- Responsible for the input of all sales programs into the account planners.
- Recommends and implements strategic and/or tactical corrections as needed.
- Provides forecast input to Finance and Operations.
- Works with Accounts Payable to manage all trade spending associated with each account.
- Uses data resources to identify and qualify targets and to manage existing business.
- Provides input to annual sales planning process.
- Works with Marketing to prepare and coordinate presentations, sales materials, new item samples, etc.
- Works with other Regional Sales Managers to cooperatively manage overlapping areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate and participate in trade shows.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstration of professionalism to all clients and colleagues.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe actives to Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in snack business is highly favorable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Must possess strong cognitive, problem solving and analytical skills complemented by excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills and the adaptabilities to succeed in a smaller, entrepreneurial environment where multifaceted and changing responsibilities are required.
- Must also be tactful, flexible, and able to develop and maintain productive working relationship with individuals of highly diverse personality.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a geographically dispersed team.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Nielsen/IRI syndicated data.
- Excellent project management and organization skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately present complex data and persuasively make recommendations.
- Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment without supervision required.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com